Reading Daily is Food for your Soul!
Books are one of life’s main essentials because they are the best source of soul nourishments. It is imperative that you read daily. You will be surprised to discover the difference reading does to your mood and attitude towards life! We made it our mission to review many best sellers, some of the best reads on the market to-date. I hope you enjoy our best picks and our book reviews.
Why Book Reviews? What Type of books Should you read for daily nourishment?
In our book reviews, we encourage you to check out some of these amazing reads that will help you accept who you.
Further, it will allow you to be less critical of yourself. Reading regularly, preferably on a daily basis, can change your outlook on life. Thus making you a happier more energized person.
Furthermore, I invite you to read and apply what you learn for a better, happier you.
Best Sellers Books – Reviewed
- Resisting Happiness – by Matthew Kelly Book ReviewResisting Happiness by Matthew Kelly Book Review is a deeply personal, disarmingly transparent look at why we sabotage our own happiness and what to do about it.
- Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to LeaveHomebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave by Joanna Gains has an incredible design with well-made beautiful pictures.
- 12 Rules For Life: An Antidote To Chaos – Book ReviewIn his best-seller, the 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, Dr. Jordan Peterson has several thought-provoking ideas. Unlike a typical self-help book, Peterson draws on unique research into authoritarianism, philosophy, and religion to develop his 12 rules for life.
- The Happiness Curve: Why Life Gets Better After 50 – Book ReviewWhy does happiness get harder in your 40s? Why do you feel in a slump when you are successful? From where does this malaise come? And, most importantly, will it ever end? The Happiness Curve: Why Life Gets Better After 50 by Jonathan Rauch is the book that answers all these questions.
- Educated: A Memoir By Tara Westover – Book Review – Great Read!Educated is about a girl whose childhood began on a beautiful mountain in a narrow world created by her father’s anti-establishment mindset of fear, insanity, and control and ended when she decided to venture out into the wider world and research the facts for herself.
- There Is Nothing Sweeter in Life Than a GranddaughterA granddaughter brings immeasurable joy to a grandparent’s life. Watching her grow and change and achieve so many of her dreams is a constant source of wonder and pride. It is true, there is nothing sweeter in life than a granddaughter or two;)
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell Book ReviewBlink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell, Drawing on cutting-edge neuroscience and psychology, Gladwell proposes split-seconds choices are superior to the choices where we set aside extensive effort to gauge our decisions and alternatives.
- Book Review – The Outward Mindset: Seeing Beyond OurselvesThe Outward Mindset – Seeing beyond ourselves is a great read if you are trying to build a more peaceful life especially in the workplace and at home.
- The Happiness Advantage: How a Positive Brain Fuels Success in Work and LifeOur most commonly held formula for success is broken. Conventional wisdom holds that if we work hard we will be more successful, and if we are more successful, then we’ll be happy. If we can just find that great job, win that next promotion, lose those five pounds, happiness will follow. But recent discoveries in the field of positive psychology have shown that this formula is actually backward: Happiness fuels success, not the other way around.
- Population Health: Creating a Culture of WellnessPopulation Health: Creating a Culture of Wellness Practicing population based care is a central focus of the Affordable Care Act and a key component of implementing health reform. Wellness and Prevention, Accountable Care Organizations, Patient Centered Medical Homes, Comparative Effectiveness Research, and Patient Engagement have become common terms in the healthcare lexicon. Aimed at students and practitioners in health care settings, the Second Edition of Population Health: Creating a Culture of Wellness, conveys the key concepts of concepts of population health management and strategies for creating a culture of health and wellness in the context of health care reform. Beginning […]
- Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain Celebrations: A Year of Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes for Every OccasionDanielle Walker’s Against All Grain Celebrations: A Year of Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes for Every Occasion is filled with expert tips and recipes that achieve glory while being entirely grain-free and Paleo.
- Happiness: A Memoir: The Crooked Little Road to Semi-Ever AfterHappiness: A Memoir: The Crooked Little Road to Semi-Ever After
- Concepts In Health and Wellness – The BookCONCEPTS IN HEALTH AND WELLNESS is the ideal book to provide you with essential personal health information you can use to develop a lifetime of wellness skills.
- Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill – Book ReviewIn this groundbreaking book, Matthieu Ricard makes a passionate case for happiness as a goal that deserves at least as much energy as any other in our lives.
- The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World Book ReviewThe Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
- 52 Lists for Happiness: Weekly Journaling Inspiration for Positivity, Balance, and JoyAre you ready to cultivate your own uniquely happy and fulfilling life through the power of lists? The 52 Lists for Happiness is a weekly Journaling Inspiration for Positivity, Balance, and Joy. Enjoy!
- Healed! Health & Wellness for the 21st Century – Book ReviewHealed! Health & Wellness for the 21st Century: Wisdom, Secrets, and Fun Straight From the Leading Edge reveals essential information for your mind and body. This information is your keys to happiness and well-being. This book opens the door and quickly puts you on the path to feeling good and becoming the person you want to be.
- The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living: A Guide to ACTThe Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living: A Guide to ACT Are you, like milllions of Americans, caught in the happiness trap? Russ Harris explains that the way most of us go about trying to find happiness ends up making us miserable, driving the epidemics of stress, anxiety, and depression. This empowering book presents the insights and techniques of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) a revolutionary new psychotherapy based on cutting-edge research in behavioral psychology. By clarifying your values and developing mindfulness (a technique for living fully in the present moment), ACT helps you escape the happiness […]
- The Happiness Project One-Sentence Journal: A Five-Year RecordThe Happiness Project One-Sentence Journal for 365 days, 5 years, and 1,825 moments captured. In her bestselling book The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin discovers the pleasure of writing just one sentence every day. This is really a neat little book. Write one sentence each day—a look back at your journey. The Happiness Project is trying to change our focus from the negative to the positive. What happened that day, that week. What were your emotions? The good that you’re feeling make sure you write in one sentence. Describe what happened that day so you can remember these things when you […]
- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient WisdomThe bestselling author of The Righteous Mind draws on philosophical wisdom and scientific research to show how the meaningful life is closer than you think The Happiness Hypothesis is a book about ten Great Ideas. Each chapter is an attempt to savor one idea that has been discovered by several of the world’s civilizations–to question it in light of what we now know from scientific research, and to extract from it the lessons that still apply to our modern lives and illuminate the causes of human flourishing. An Overview of the Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt I enjoy reading books that expand my […]
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and ConfidenceHardwiring Happiness is a fascinating book that explains as early as the first three chapters why the most powerful organ in the human body, the brain would function improperly.
- The Art of Happiness, 10th Anniversary Edition: A Handbook for LivingHappiness is the purpose of life, and that the very motion of our life is toward happiness. How to get there has always been the question.
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7)J.K. Rowling’s seven bestselling Harry Potter series has been hailed as “one for the ages” by Stephen King and “a spellbinding saga’ by USA Today. Now available in a stunning paperback boxed set!
- WonderThe book that inspired the Choose Kind movement. Over 6 million people have read the #1 New York Times bestseller WONDER and have fallen in love with Auggie Pullman, an ordinary boy with an extraordinary face.
- Becoming – An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United StatesBecoming is the autobiographical memoir of former First Lady Michelle Obama published in 2018. Described by Mrs. Obama as profoundly personal experience. The book talks about the First Lady’s roots and how she found her voice, as well as her time in the White House. One million copies are donated to First Book, an American nonprofit organization which provides books to children. The 400-page book, published on November 13, 2018, sold more copies than any other book published in the United States in 2018, breaking the record in just 15 days!
Love Yourself – Accept Who You Are
When you read daily, you unleash the positive energy in your soul. Hence, reading creates a renewed attitude for a happier and more fulfilling life. It is all up to you!!