On average, nearly one in every five adults skip breakfast more than twice per week. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day as it helps refuel your body for the day ahead. EatIng a healthy first meal of the day could get your day off on the right start. Let us talk about breakfast and healthy eating.
Regularly eating a healthy breakfast helps us pay attention, remember, and perform better. Children and teens concentrate better at school, get higher scores on tests.
However, eating breakfast can be either good or bad, depending on what foods you eat. Breakfast gives you a chance to start each day with a healthy and nutritious meal.
Eating a healthy breakfast first thing in the morning, you are more likely to:
- Consume more vitamins and minerals.
- Eat less fat, which may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Have better concentration and productivity throughout the morning.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
4 tips to help you with your healthy breakfast
- Prepare meals the night before.
- Prepare a breakfast to eat on the go or grab something quick such as fruit or cheese and crackers.
- Keep breakfast ingredients at work so you can eat when you arrive at work.
- Set your alarm 10 minutes earlier so you can have enough time to have a quick healthy breakfast.
- Eat whole fruits of all sorts: apples, bananas, peaches, plums, oranges (whole or sliced before packing) and even kiwi. You can eat them skin.
Make Eating a Healthy Breakfast your first priority in the morning
Why You Should Make Breakfast the Most Important Meal of the Day. Watch these videos to learn the benefits of starting your day off with a healthy breakfast.