Inadequate or disrupted sleep negatively impact your health and is associated with depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders. Lack of sleep can influence your ability to work, making you less efficient and diminish your creativity. We researched and summarized the top 9 tips to get a better sleep tonight!
Sleep Researchers offer 9 tips to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Consistent Bedtime Schedule means going to bed around the same time every night and waking up around the same hour every morning.
- Daytime Naps can disrupt your nightly sleep so try to avoid long naps during the day; these should not exceed 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off your smartphone or laptop before bed. Try to add, a blue light filter t your electronic device screen.
- Make sure to dim any bright light in your bedroom and try softer lamps at least two hours before bedtime.
- It is imperative to avoid smoking, consumption of caffeinated drinks and sugary treats at least four hours before bedtime.
- Avoid laying in bed awake for longer than 30 minutes.
- It is best to read a book in bed or listen to soft music or relaxing sounds of the ocean, rainforest to relax you.
- Avoid watching your television or surfing the Internet in bed because these activities will keep you awake.
- Avoid consuming a heavy meal before bedtime because it can lead to indigestion.
Try to follow these tips to help avoid the consequences of inadequate sleep that adversely affect your success and accuracy at work.